Dr. Kayode Fayemi Profile
Hello, welcome to FINAL GIST
We want to tell you some important Fact about ( PROFILE ) Dr. Kayode Fayemi.
Who Is Dr. Kayode Fayemi?
John Olukayode Fayemi is the Governor of Ekiti State and a native of Isan-Ekiti in Oye Local Government of Ekiti State, Nigeria.
He resigned as the Minister of Solid Minerals Development on May 30, 2018.
Kayode Fayemi Date Of Birth | Aged
Dr. Kayode Fayemi, the new governor of Ekiti state was 9 February 1965 (aged 53 as in 2018 ) Isan-Ekiti, Oye Local Government Area, Ekiti State, Nigeria.
Dr. Kayode Fayemi Birthday
Kayode Fayemi always celebrates his birthday on every 9th of February.
Kayode Fayemi Education Career
Dr. Kayode Fayemi attended Christ’s School Ado Ekiti from 1975-1980 and received degrees in History, Politics and International Relations from the Universities of Lagos and Ife in Nigeria and his Doctorate in War Studies from the prestigious King’s College, University of London, England, specializing in civil-military relations.
His research and policy interests include: Democratisation, Constitutionalism, Security Sector Governance, and Regionalism in the Global Context
MOST READ:12 Things To You Should Always Remember In Life…
He attended Christ’s School, Ado Ekiti and received degrees in History, Politics and International Relations from the Universities of Lagos and Ife in Nigeria.
Kayode Fayemi Wife, Children ( Personal Life )
Dr. Kayode Fayemi got married to Bisi Adeleye-Fayemi in 1989, they have one son together, Folajimi Fayemi (born circa 1994).
ALSO READ: Ekiti State Election results 2018: Who is The New Governor Of Ekiti State?| Ekiti State Election Winner
Kayode Fayemi Writings | Books
Dr. Kayode Fayemi has written extensively on governance and democratization, civil-military relations and security sector issues in Africa.
Among his recent books are: Deepening the Culture of Constitutionalism: The Role of Regional Institutions in Constitutional Development in Africa (CDD, 2003), Security Sector Governance in Africa: A Handbook(edited with Nicole Ball, CDD, 2004) and Out of the Shadows: Exile and the Struggle for Freedom and Democracy in Nigeria (CDD, 2005).
Kayode Fayemi Political party:
The All Progressives Congress (APC)
Kayode Fayemi Professional history
- 2015- 2018- Minister Of Solid Minerals Development Federal Republic Of Nigeria.
- 2010–2014 — Governor, Ekiti State
- 1997–2006 — Director, Centre for Democracy & Development
- 1995–1997 — Secretary General, Media Empowerment for Africa (The Radio Foundation)
- 1993–1995 — Strategy Development Adviser, Deptford City Challenge, London, UK
- 1991–1993 — Research Officer, African Research and Information Bureau, London, UK.
- 1992–1992 — Tutorial Fellow, War Studies Department, King’s College, London, UK
- 1987–1989 — Research Officer, Development & Management Consultants, Ikeja. Lagos-Nigeria.
- 1985–1986 — Lecturer, Nigeria-Police Training College, Sokoto – Nigeria
Hope, the article was interesting? share it to your friends on social media and if you have any contribution to add, please kindly drop it inside the comment box, or you have any question to ask, use the comment box, we promise to reply as soon as possible.