BIOGRAPHIES 25 Necessary And Important Fact You Have To Know About Adekunle Gold
25 Necessary And Important Fact You Have To Know About Adekunle Gold
Here are the Important Fact yuo need to know about
- Adekunle Gold’s real name is Adekunle Kosoko and he hails from Lagos Island, permit me to say he is an Isale Eko dude.
- He is a prince of Lagos and member of the famous Kosoko royal house of Lagos.
- He is the only son of his parent. He has 3 sisters, though one is of blessed memory.
- He is also a nephew to legendary Nollywood actor, Jide Kosoko.
- He wrote his first song at the age of 15 and went on to join the junior choir of his church.
- He studied Arts and Design at the Lagos State Polytechnic while majoring in Graphics.
- Adekunle added Gold to his name after a session in church with the inspiration coming from an excerpt of the pastor’s preaching.
- In the early days of his career, Adekunle was a member of a boy band called The Bridge.
- The group dropped a couple of singles and featured acts like Skales and GT the guitarman before it was disbanded.
- Adekunle Gold is also a sculptor, painter and graphics designer.
- Before getting signed unto Olamide’s YBNL, Adekunle Gold had a working relationship with the label.
- He designed YBNL’s official logo.
- Before his entry into the mainstream music industry, Adekunle Gold went viral after photo-shopping himself into photos of popular celebs, which earned him the moniker, ‘King of Photoshop’.
- He was number 3 on the list of the most searched persons on Google in Nigeria in 2015.
- His debut single, ‘Sade’ is actually a cover of One Direction’s ‘Story of my Life’.
- The single won the Best alternative song award at the recently held 2015 Headies awards ceremony.
- Forget his announcement on ‘Sade’; Adekunle Gold is not up to 30 years. Yes, he lied!
- Adekunle Gold is in a relationship with Simi of X3M (Xtreme Music)
- His follow-up single, ‘Orente’ like his debut was inspired by a true-life experience.
- Adekunle Gold is reportedly in a relationship with ‘Jamb Question’ singer, Simi although both acts have kept mum about the relationship and are rarely seen together in ‘public’.
- Simi actually helped Adekunle Gold define his style and helped named his genre, ‘Urban Highlife’.
- Simi mixed and arranged Adekunle Gold’s three singles, ‘Sade’, ‘Orente’ and ‘Pick Up’.
- He won the award for ‘Revelation of the Year’ at the 2015 edition of AFRIMA.
- Adekunle Gold has made his movie debut on Kunle Afolayan’s upcoming thriller, ‘The CEO’.
- The singer is also called YBNL Toaster by fans and some colleagues.
error: Content is protected !!